What is time management and why is time management important?
Time management is a set of principles, practices, skills, systems and tools that allow you to use your time to achieve what you would like. It’s very important to your personal life and career achievement. It teaches you how you can manage your time efficiently and take advantage of it.
Here are Some of the reasons why it is so important, and how it can help you utilize and manage your time more advantageously:
- Time is a particular resource which you can’t save or store for later use. Everybody has the exact same amount of time every day. Time not well used can’t be retrieved.
- Most people, feel like they have too much to do and not enough time. They blame lack of time due to their poor finances, anxiety, bad relationships, and for not exercising their own body. Wise time management can help you discover the time to get what you need, and for what you will need to do.
- You will need time to get what you want from life. If you wait for additional time to appear, you may lose the game of life. Through right time direction, you can “make” the time you desire, rather than simply wait for it to come. By organizing your time wisely, you’ll have more time to do more things.
- Time management can allow you to set your priorities.
- Time is limited to 24 hours per day, so plan your life wisely.
- Time management will help you make conscious decisions, so that you can spend more of your time doing things that are valuable and important to you.
- You can learn how to discover the time for those things which are important to you. Even a little bit of time once a day, or even once per week, will take you closer to your objectives, and you’ll be amazed at the progress you make.
- You become more effective using enhanced time management skills and resources, and can accomplish more with less time and effort. Time management can help you reduce wasted time and energy, help you become more creative and effective, and allow you to do the perfect thing at the ideal time. This will of course lead to more balance and fulfillment in your life.
- Life today presents a lot of distractions, and so, it’s very easy to drop time on unimportant activities. Ask yourself, is watching TV program, reading that gossip or engaging in a specific activity will add anything to your life. Is the time spent on a specific action well spent, or is just a waste of time and energy?
- Life places in front of everybody so many choices every day, and the question is, do you follow what appears in your way, or do you consciously choose what you want to do? Can you allow external distractions to dissuade you from your goal, or do you use willpower and self discipline to walk toward your target in a straight line, without wasting energy and time?
- A certain level of detachment and inner peace are helpful in managing your time efficiently. They help you avoid spending too much emotional and mental energy on what people say and believe about you. They help you keep calm, despite difficulties or distractions, and this saves you plenty of energy and time, which you can spend on better and more rewarding pursuits.
There are a number of things you can do and resources to use to manage your time efficiently. There’s a whole lot of time wasted daily, which may be put to better uses. There are changes you can make, which will effectively increase the time you’ve got at your disposal daily.
Thinking, planning, figuring out how others handle their time, and reading books and articles on time management, will develop these skills and give you great ideas.
Among the many changes which you could make to manage your own time, there’s one that’s important and readily available, and that’s getting up early in the morning. Give up watching TV late at night and go to sleep a bit earlier than normal. It will then be easier to wake up sooner.
Even waking up just 15 minutes before would be great. It’s a period of quietude, before everyone else wakes up, which you can devote to studying, exercising, meditating, or planning your day.
To eliminate the feeling that you’ve got much to do and not enough time, try to feel and to think, as though you have all of the time in the world. This sort of thinking would let you focus on what you’re doing, without stress and strain. Always plan your time well and do not waste it on useless things. Be careful to not procrastinate, and do everything in the best manner you can, with attention and focus.
Do not have enough time in your day? Do you need to know how to manage your time? Learning about time management can help you manage your time better. Creating some willpower and self-discipline will make it far easier to be in charge of your time.